Welcome to the DCS Application for the 2021-2022 School Year
There are three steps in the application process:
1) Complete the online application. The first step in the admissions process is to complete our online application, found here. The application will require parents to submit student records such as grade reports, teacher recommendation, and immunization history.
2) Student assessment. If a student application is approved, the next step is a student assessment. Each prospective student will visit with one of our teachers in a relaxed, non-threatening classroom environment for about 30 minutes. The purpose of this visit is to ensure your child is academically, developmentally, and socially ready to succeed in the application grade.
3) Parent meeting. The final step in the application process is a parent meeting. At least one parent is required to meet with us so that we may gain a better understanding of you and your family, and so you may learn more about our school. This meeting can take place during a school tour, or subsequent to the student assessment.
Some things to know before you get started:
- Applicants for Kindergarten should be 5 years old before September 1. If your student has a later birthday, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Applicants must not have a history of unresolved school discipline problems.
- There is $75 non-refundable application fee.