We are looking for some great people to join the growing team at Dunwoody Christian School!
The mission of Dunwoody Christian School is to partner with parents to develop children who are grounded in Christ-like character, possess exceptional knowledge, and are prepared to embrace life’s opportunities and challenges.
If you resonate with this mission, and want to join us in helping fulfill it, please let us know. Qualified and interested candidates should email their resume, or credentials url, to email@example.com.
Character and professional references are required. We perform a background check on all faculty and staff who interact with our students.
Physical Education Instructor (part-time)
We are looking for a part-time physical education instructor. The successful candidate will be a committed Christian, with training and / or experience as a PE instructor for young elementary students. You will develop lesson plans and teach three back-to-back classes a day, two days a week. For 2019-2020, our PE schedule is two classes of 45 minutes each, and one class of 30 minutes. Our current schedule has PE Tuesday and Thursday afternoons, but for the right candidate, we can adjust these dates and times depending upon our academic schedule.
Elementary Classroom Teacher (full-time): Job Description
We do not anticipate hiring our next classroom teacher until the Spring of 2020, but we have found our best teacher candidates come to us throughout the year.
Dunwoody Christian School is seeking an energetic, creative, and godly teacher for its elementary school. We believe that the role of the Christian teacher is to demonstrate through philosophy and lifestyle his or her personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a consistent reflection of godly character, a heart to meet the needs of young people, and a mastery of content and delivery of instruction. This position includes healthcare benefits.
Qualities we are looking for in this person include:
• Positive and effective approach to teaching, as measured by student learning and outcomes
• Strong classroom management skills, delivered with love and grace
• Ability to integrate a biblical worldview into each subject
• Creativity in lesson planning, and ability to teach to multiple types of learners
• Ability to teach to Georgia education standards
• Consistent professionalism in instruction and personal conduct
• Ability to work well both in a team environment and independently
• Eagerness to disciple students
• Passionate about class subject matter, their students, and their relationship with Jesus Christ
• Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education, Early Childhood Education, or the equivalent
• State teaching certificate (earned or in process of earning)
• Strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and active in an evangelical church
• Full agreement with Dunwoody Christian School’s mission and Statement of Faith
• Demonstrated ability to successfully manage a classroom environment
• Ability to form partnerships with parents, fellow teachers, and other stakeholders
• Committed to teaching from a biblical worldview
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, and may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This job description does not constitute a contract of employment. Dunwoody Christian School does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, or military service.