We are looking for some great people to join our growing team!
The mission of Dunwoody Christian School is to partner with parents to develop children who are grounded in Christ-like character, possess exceptional knowledge, and are prepared to embrace life’s opportunities and challenges.
If you resonate with this mission, and want to join us in helping fulfill it, please let us know. Qualified and interested candidates should email their resume to: email@example.com, or call / txt 770-712-2896.
In order to join our team, character and professional references will be required. We perform a background check on all faculty and staff who interact with our students.
Kindergarten Teacher Aide (part-time)
Dunwoody Christian School is seeking an energetic, creative, Godly teacher aide for its Elementary school. We believe that the role of the Christian teacher is to demonstrate through philosophy and lifestyle his or her personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a consistent reflection of godly character, a heart to meet the needs of young people, and a mastery of content and delivery of instruction.
The position includes assisting teachers in the classroom. Qualities we are looking for in this person are; ability to integrate a biblical worldview into each subject; a positive approach to teaching; a love for children; clear and precise communication ability; someone with an understanding of a phonics-based program; the ability to multi-task; professional in conduct and relationships; ability to work well on a team and individually.
Candidates should have a minimum of six months work experience working with elementary school-aged children, preferably in a Christian setting.
Candidate should have a strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ, be active in a church, and be committed to living Christian values in accordance with DCS’s mission: “The mission of Dunwoody Christian School is to partner with parents to develop children who are grounded in Christ-like character, possess exceptional knowledge, and are prepared to embrace life’s opportunities and challenges.”
The successful candidate must agree with our Statement of Faith, found here: http://www.dunwoodycs.org/about-us/statement-of-faith.cfm. Learn more about our school: http://www.dunwoodycs.org.
Candidates will need to pass a background check, and will need to complete a one-hour online sexual abuse awareness course.
Candidate will need to be CPR certified, or willing to become CPR certified at employer expense.
Elementary Classroom Instructor (full-time)
As our school grows, we are continually looking for energetic, creative, and godly teacher candidates. We believe that the role of the Christian teacher is to demonstrate through philosophy and lifestyle his or her personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a consistent reflection of godly character, a heart to meet the needs of young people, and a mastery of content and delivery of instruction. This position includes healthcare benefits.
- Positive and effective approach to teaching, as measured by student learning and outcomes
- Strong classroom management skills, delivered with love and grace
- Ability to integrate a biblical worldview into each subject
- Creativity in lesson planning, and ability to teach to multiple types of learners
- Ability to teach to Georgia education standards
- Consistent professionalism in instruction and personal conduct
- Ability to work well both in a team environment and independently
- Eagerness to disciple students
- Passionate about class subject matter, their students, and their relationship with Jesus Christ
- Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education, Early Childhood Education, or the equivalent
- State teaching certificate (earned or in process of earning)
- Strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and active in an evangelical church
- Full agreement with Dunwoody Christian School’s mission and Statement of Faith
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage a classroom environment
- Ability to form partnerships with parents, fellow teachers, and other stakeholders
- Committed to teaching from a biblical worldview