Pay It Forward (SSO) Scholarships
DCS participates in the Pay It Forward scholarship program which provides scholarships for private pre-K through 12th grade students to attend any accredited private school in Georgia.
Pay It Forward scholarships are funded by the Georgia Qualified Education Expense (GA QEE) Tax Credit program.
How to apply for a Pay It Forward scholarship at DCS:
- Step 1: Submit the Pay It Forward scholarship application prior to their deadline. There is no fee to apply for the Pay It Forward scholarship:
- For the 2023-2024 school year: Pay It Forward applications must be submitted by December 31, 2022
- For the 2024-2025 school year: Pay It Forward applications must be submitted by December 31, 2023.
- Step 2: In addition to applying for the scholarship, reserve a tax credit as well. Click here for tax credit details.
- Step 3: Submit the DCS online application for admission for the 2023-2024 school year by Feb. 1, 2023.
Pay it Forward FAQs
No, but they are very similar and both deliver scholarships funded by the state of Georgia.
Many people are familiar with Georgia Goal - which is a Student Scholarship Organization (SSO) that provides scholarships for private school tuition, and is funded through the State of Georgia. However, “Georgia Goal” is only 1 of 28 SSO programs. Instead of partnering with Georgia Goal, DCS has chosen to partner with one of the other 28 SSOs, called “Pay It Forward”.
No - the scholarship is not income-based or needs-based.
Visit the Pay It Forward website for more details. Eligible students include:
□ Students currently in PreK, K, or 1st Grade at the time of application
□ Students in any grade that are in public school or homeschooled
□ Students who previously received a SSO scholarship
□ Students zoned for a low-performing school (e.g. Peachtree Middle School) as defined by CCRPI scores below 66.1 for Elementary, 66.3 for Middle School, and 66.2 for High School
Yes. You can apply your eligible child for a Pay It Forward scholarship, and select “Dunwoody Christian School” as your school of choice on their application. If you enroll your child elsewhere, that's ok - the funds will follow your child to another participating private school, if eligible.
Pay It Forward will notify families of their awarded scholarship amount no later than May 1 (timing may vary).
After DCS admissions decisions are communicated, enrolled DCS families must then notify Pay It Forward to release the awarded scholarship funds to DCS to apply toward their DCS tuition for the upcoming school year.
Pay It Forward scholarships are funded through a tax credit program, made possible through the state of Georgia. Click here for more information on how to reserve a tax credit.
No. The scholarship and the tax credit are different things, but both are managed by Pay It Forward.
- The Pay It Forward scholarship is free money from the state of Georgia, awarded to eligible students to pay private school tuition.
- The Pay It Forward tax credit is provided to any tax-payer in Georgia who helps fund scholarships for DCS through the Pay It Forward program. The State of Georgia will give you a dollar-for-dollar tax credit on you state income tax liability for whatever amount you fund into the scholarship program. Read the details and apply here.
Contact Pay It Forward or join one of their free webinars to ask questions.
Looking for Tax Credit Info?
This page is all the information you need to know about the Pay It Forward Scholarship. However, if you're looking for info about the tax credit, click here.