Join DCS and Participate in Dunwoody's July 4th, 2023 Parade!
CALLING ALL NEW, RETURNING, AND FORMER DCS LION FAMILIES to join Dunwoody Christian School in Georgia's largest 4th of July parade - and it happens to be right here in our hometown of Dunwoody, GA!
We need lots of participants - and everyone is invited: students, siblings, parents, teachers, friends, grandparents, etc. There are opportunities for all ages - you can walk, bike, scooter, stroller, skateboard, pull a wagon... or drive a convertible, truck, golf cart, atv, and more!
DCS Theme: “5 Years of Lion Pride”
Date: 07/04/2023 (Tues.)
Time: 7:30am - 12:00pm EST
Location: Spot #29, All Saints Catholic Church, 2443 Mt Vernon Rd, Dunwoody, GA 30338
While the overall parade theme is "50 Years of Wildcat Pride" celebrating Dunwoody High School's 50th anniversary, DCS will focus on a theme of "5 Years of Lion Pride" as we celebrate our 5-year anniversary!
To join DCS in the parade:
email Marian Chase to RSVP
To help in other ways:
Whether you are joining in the parade or not, please consider donating decorations, water, helping the day of the parade, etc. Click here to help:
Email Marian Chase (or just show up on the day of the parade in your green Lion shirt!). We will try to make sure everyone who wants to participate is able to be included!
- Wear your green DCS Lion Shirt. Click here to order a shirt. Pickup in the DCS office between 9am - 3pm on Monday, July 3, 2023. Or wear festive, lion-themed, or red/white/blue. Get creative!
- Wear good walking shoes
- Water for everyone in your group
- Bikes/scooters for your kids to ride (parade rules require helmets to be worn for anyone on wheels)
- Walkers: please bring a bag, wagon, light-weight basket, or something you can carry and load up with swag (stickers, fans) as you pass out the items along the parade route. DCS will provide items for you to pass out to parade spectators.
- Festive décor (see attached) – please bring décor to decorate bikes/scooters/wagons with July 4th décor.
- If you are driving a vehicle, please bring items to decorate your vehicle (you can do this when you arrive at the gathering spot at 7:30am). Décor should be either DCS/Lion-themed (e.g. posters with DCS logos) or red/white/blue décor. See last year’s pics for ideas.
Date: Tuesday, July 4, 2023
Location: Spot #29 at All Saints Church parking lot, 2443 Mt Vernon Rd, Dunwoody Ga 30338
- Please arrive between 7:30am-7:40am
- Please be prompt so we can be sure everyone is accounted for, and vehicles/bikes/wagons are decorated.
- There is actually quite a lot to do before the parade officially begins!
- Meet at our gathering spot #29
Allow time for parking: Unfortunately, there is no parking allowed in the assembly area unless your vehicle is driving in the parade. So you can drop people off, and then simply park in the nearby Williamsburg Shopping Center (near the Jett Ferry Chick-fil-A) and walk across the street to All Saints Church. If that’s not possible, park anywhere in the vicinity.
Restroom access is available (but very limited) at the gathering area, so please go at home before arrival.
If the parade runs on time, it will start at 9:00AM and take approximately 60-90 minutes to walk the route. Based on our position of #29, we should be done by 11am (this is subject to change depending on pace/speed of the parade).
You and your children will represent DCS, and pass out DCS promotion items (fans and water bottle stickers) to spectators!
• Please follow the DCS lead vehicle until it stops at the end of the parade – so we can gather, make sure everyone is accounted for, and you can also drop off any extra giveaways. Then plan to carpool back to the start line to your vehicles (or leave a second vehicle near Fresh Market).
• There are also parade festivities at the finish line including food and kid activities to enjoy in the Village after the parade.
• PRO TIP: Pre-order BBQ now from a local boy scout group– ready for you at the finish line for pickup!