Dunwoody Christian School is seeking a lead teacher for Kindergarten, with a start date of January 4, 2024. This mid-year opening is due to the current teacher’s husband’s job being transferred to another state. The class has an excellent assistant teacher who will remain in place.
We believe that the role of the Christian teacher is to demonstrate through philosophy and lifestyle his or her personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a consistent reflection of godly character, a heart to meet the needs of young people and a mastery of content and delivery of instruction. The school teacher shall prayerfully help students learn attitudes, skills, and subject matter that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible Christians to the praise and glory of God.
- A positive and effective approach to teaching, as measured by student learning and outcomes
- Strong classroom management skills, delivered with love and grace
- Ability to integrate a biblical worldview into each subject
- Creativity in lesson planning and ability to teach to multiple types of learners
- Ability to teach to Georgia education standards
- Consistent professionalism in instruction and personal conduct
- Ability to work well both in a team environment and independently
- Eagerness to disciple students
- Passionate about class subject matter, their students, and their relationship with Jesus Christ
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Elementary Education, Early Childhood Education, or the equivalent
- State teaching certificate preferred (earned or in the process of earning)
- Strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and active in an evangelical church
- Demonstrated ability to manage a classroom environment successfully
- Ability to form partnerships with parents, fellow teachers, and other stakeholders
- Committed to teaching from a biblical worldview
We are looking for some great people to join our growing team!
The mission of Dunwoody Christian School is to partner with parents to develop children who are grounded in Christ-like character, possess exceptional knowledge, and are prepared to embrace life’s opportunities and challenges. Please let us know if you resonate with this mission and want to join us in helping fulfill it.
We are a covenant Christian school, so we are looking for candidates who demonstrate a lifestyle and have personal beliefs that agree with our Christian commitments, Mission and Vision, and Statement of Faith.
Fulfill your calling: Our mission statement is to partner with parents to develop children who are grounded in Christ-like character, possess exceptional knowledge, and are prepared to embrace life’s opportunities and challenges. DCS is a great place to fulfill your calling to join us in this mission of making disciple-makers for Christ.
Community: Our covenant community of faculty, staff, and student families is remarkable. Our faculty and staff love each other, support each other, and celebrate each other, creating a warm and welcoming community at DCS.
Class sizes: Our school’s class sizes are small, and your control over your approach to lesson planning is an excellent benefit of working at our school.
Campus Location: We are located in Dunwoody on the beautiful 18+ acre campus of Dunwoody Baptist Church, and conveniently located near I-285, GA 400, and other major roads.
Employee Benefits: We offer competitive benefits, including
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Legal Services
- Critical Illness Insurance
- AD&D Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Corporate discounts
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- On-site Fitness Center
- Personal Days Off
- Paid Holidays
DISCLAIMER (all roles)
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of each role. It may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. These job descriptions do not constitute a contract of employment.
Employment at Dunwoody Christian School is open to qualified individuals who are Christians of good character without regard or reference to race, sex (gender), national or ethnic origin, color, age, or disability. Dunwoody Christian School is a religious, educational ministry permitted to discriminate based on religion. All prospective and current employees must agree with Dunwoody Christian School’s mission statement and be willing to conduct their lives in conformity with the school’s statement of faith and the school’s declaration and agreement to ethical and moral integrity.