Welcome to the DCS Application for the 2022-2023 School Year
DCS is now accepting applications for all grades K through 8th for the 2022-2023 school year.
There are three steps in the application process:
1) Complete the online application. The first step in the admissions process is to complete our online application, found here. During the application process, you will be asked to upload a copy of the following items:
Certificate of Vision, Hearing, Dental, and Nutrition Screening (Form 3300) - for K, 1st grade only
Student's Birth Certificate
Current Immunization record (Form 3231) or Georgia form 2208
- Academic or Behavioral readiness documents (e.g. IEP, MAP test scores, Psych-Ed Evals, etc.)
- Most recent 3 report cards/progress reports (If applying to Grades 1st and up)
- Letter of referral from the applicant's most recent Teacher/School Director indicating the applicant’s behavioral, social, and academic readiness for the grade to which you are applying. Letters for applicants in grades 2nd-6th should specifically address readiness for Math and English (if Math and English were taught by different teachers, you may upload 2 separate letters).
- Letter of referral from current Pastor/Deacon/or someone who may speak to guardian's spiritual walk and commitment as a Christian. (Optional)
2) Student assessment. If a student application is approved, the next step is a student assessment. Each prospective student will visit with one of our teachers in a friendly, relaxed classroom environment for about 30 minutes. The purpose of this visit is to ensure your child is academically, developmentally, and socially ready to succeed in the application grade.
3) Parent meeting. The final step in the application process is a parent meeting. At least one parent is required to meet with us so that we may gain a better understanding of you and your family, and so you may learn more about our school. This meeting can take place during a school tour, or subsequent to the student assessment.
Some things to know before you get started:
- Applicants for Kindergarten should be 5 years old before September 1. If your student has a later birthday, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Applicants must not have a history of unresolved school discipline problems.
- There is $75 non-refundable application fee.
Please note: For the 2021-2022, we are at near capacity, but still accepting applications for all grades. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 678-327-8181 between 9am-4pm Monday-Friday to determine if there are openings for your desired grade level.