Welcome to the DCS Application for the 2023-2024 School Year
DCS is now accepting applications for all grades K through 8th for the 2023-2024 school year.
The first step in the admissions process is to complete our online application here.
DCS is a K-8th grade, accredited, covenant Christian school. This means everyone on our Board, our faculty, and our staff is a professing Christian. Each of these individuals is required to agree in writing to our Statement of Faith, and to our Employee/School Covenant.
In like manner, for a student to be considered for admission to our school, we require at least one parent living with that child to be a professing Christian. In the application process, the parent must agree to our Statement of Faith, and to our Parent/School Covenant.
Many prospective students qualify for a scholarship through Pay it Forward, a SSO funded by the Georgia Qualified Education Expense (GA QEE) Tax Credit program. Click here to learn more and apply. For the 2023-2024 school year, apply for Pay It Forward scholarship funds by Dec. 31, 2022.
Eligible students include:
□ Students currently in PreK, K, or 1st Grade at the time of application
□ Students in any grade that are in public school or homeschooled
□ Students who previously received a SSO scholarship
□ Students zoned for a low-performing school (e.g. Peachtree Middle School) as defined by CCRPI scores below 66.1 for Elementary, 66.3 for Middle School, and 66.2 for High School
If a DCS application is approved, the next step is a student assessment. Each prospective student will visit with one of our teachers in a relaxed classroom environment for about 30 minutes. The purpose of this visit is to ensure your child is academically, developmentally, and socially ready to succeed in the application grade.
Assessments for new prospective students will be conducted between Feb. 1 - Mar. 15, 2023
The final step in the application process is a parent meeting. At least one parent is required to meet with us so that we may gain a better understanding of you and your family, and so you may learn more about our school. This meeting can take place during the student assessment time, or at a different time.
Nov. 1, 2022 DCS online application opens for the 2023-2024 school year at dunwoodycs.org.
Dec. 31, 2022 Pay it Forward applications due (for eligible students) at payitforwardscholarships.com.
Jan. 31, 2023 Re-enrollment closes for current DCS families, deposits due from current families.
Feb. 1 - Mar. 15, 2023 Student Assessments conducted for new prospective students.
Mar. 31, 2023 Admissions decisions mailed to new families.
Apr. 1, 2023 Admissions decisions emailed to new families.
Apr. 13, 2023 Deadline for new families to notify DCS of enrollment decision and pay tuition deposit.
May 1, 2023 Pay it Forward scholarship funds communicated to eligible students (timing may vary).
Some things to know before you get started:
- Applicants for Kindergarten should be 5 years old before September 1
- Applicants must not have a history of unresolved school discipline problems
- There is $150 non-refundable application fee
- Tuition and student fee is posted here
Please note: For the 2022-2023, we are at near capacity, but still accepting applications for all grades. Please email us at email@example.com or call 678-327-8181 between 8:15am-3:30pm Monday-Friday to determine if there are openings for your desired grade level.
During the application process, you will be asked to upload a copy of the following items (some are optional):
- Certificate of Vision, Hearing, Dental, and Nutrition Screening (Form 3300)
- Student's Birth Certificate
- Current Immunization record (Form 3231) or Georgia form 2208
- Academic or Behavioral readiness documents (e.g. IEP, MAP test scores, Psych-Ed Evals, etc.)
- Most recent 3 report cards/progress reports
- Letter of referral from the applicant's most recent Teacher/School Director indicating the applicant’s behavioral, social, and academic readiness for the grade to which you are applying.
- Letters for applicants in grades 2nd-8th should specifically address readiness for Math and English (if Math and English were taught by different teachers, you may upload 2 separate letters).
- Letter of referral from current Pastor/Deacon/or someone who may speak to guardian's spiritual walk and commitment as a Christian.