We will consider applications on an individual basis for the current school year. Please email us at email@example.com for more information.
The first step in the admissions process is to complete our online application here.
The application deadline for the 2024-2025 school year is Feb. 1, 2024. Applications submitted after Feb. 1, 2024 will be considered if we continue to have open seats available for the 2024-2025 school year.
DCS is a K-8th grade, accredited, covenant Christian school. This means everyone on our Board, our faculty, and our staff is a professing Christian. Each of these individuals is required to agree in writing to our Statement of Faith, and to our Employee/School Covenant.
In like manner, for a student to be considered for admission to our school, we require at least one parent living with that child to be a professing Christian. In the application process, the parent must agree to our Statement of Faith, and to our Parent/School Covenant.
During the application process, you will be required to submit a letter of referral from the applicant's most recent Teacher/School Director. Click here for the Teacher referral template that is required. Letters for applicants in grades 2nd-8th should specifically address readiness for Math and English (if Math and English were taught by different teachers, you may submit 2 separate letters).
Many prospective students qualify for a scholarship through Pay it Forward, a SSO funded by the Georgia Qualified Education Expense (GA QEE) Tax Credit program. Click here to learn more and apply. For the 2024-2025 school year, apply for Pay It Forward scholarship funds by Dec. 31, 2023.
Eligible students include:
- Students currently in PreK, K, or 1st Grade at the time of application
- Students in any grade that are in public school or homeschooled
- Students who previously received a SSO scholarship
- Students who have a documented case of bullying at their current school
- Students zoned for a low-performing school (e.g. Peachtree Middle School) as defined by CCRPI scores below 66.1 for Elementary, 66.3 for Middle School, and 66.2 for High School
If a DCS application is approved, the next step is for a student to join us on campus for a shadow day, including a time for an online academic assessment. This shadow day visit aims to ensure your child is academically, developmentally, and socially ready to succeed in the application grade.
If you apply by Feb. 1, 2024, shadow days will start on January 9th. You may plan for your child to join us on campus on their scheduled shadow day (If you apply after Feb. 1, DCS will schedule your child's shadow day as soon as possible after your application is submitted).
The final step in the application process is a parent meeting. At least one parent is required to meet with us so that we may gain a better understanding of you and your family and so you may learn more about our school. This meeting can occur on the same day as the student shadow day or at a different time.
OCTOBER 6, 2023, DCS online application opens for the 2024-2025 school year.
NOVEMBER 1, 2023, Re-enrollment opens for current DCS families.
DECEMBER 31, 2023, Pay it Forward applications are due (for eligible students). Click here.
JANUARY 9, 2024, Student Shadow Days begin being conducted for new prospective students.
JANUARY 15, 2024, Re-enrollment closes for current DCS families; deposits are due from current families.
MARCH 1, 2024, Admissions decision made.
MARCH 15, 2024, Deadline for new families to notify DCS of the enrollment decision and pay the tuition deposit.
Some things to know before you get started:
- Applicants for Kindergarten should be five years old before September 1st.
- Applicants must not have a history of unresolved school discipline problems.
- There is a $150 non-refundable application fee.
- Tuition and student fee is posted here.
Please note: For 2023-2024, we are at near capacity but still accepting applications for most grades. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (678) 327-8181 between 8:15 AM - 3:30 PM Monday-Friday to determine if openings are available for your desired grade level.
During the application process, you will be asked to upload a copy of the following items (some are optional):
- Certificate of Vision, Hearing, Dental, and Nutrition Screening (Form 3300)
- Student's Birth Certificate
- Current Immunization record (Form 3231) or Georgia form 2208
- Academic or Behavioral readiness documents (e.g. IEP, MAP test scores, Psych-Ed Evals, etc.)
- Most recent 3 report cards/progress reports
- Letter of referral from the applicant's most recent Teacher/School Director indicating the applicant’s behavioral, social, and academic readiness for the grade to which you are applying.
- Letters for applicants in grades 2nd-8th should specifically address readiness for Math and English (if Math and English were taught by different teachers, you may upload 2 separate letters).
- Letter of referral from current Pastor/Deacon/or Small Group Leader who may speak to guardian's spiritual walk and commitment as a Christian.