Lions’ Den, our 2023 Best of Perimeter winning before and after-school program, provides childcare outside of regular school instructional hours. Led by our director, Mrs. Paula Costello, Lions’ Den provides the following for your children:
Led by our director, Mrs. Paula Costello, Lions' Den provides the following for your children:
- Snack time (Parents should pack an extra snack for their children attending Lions’ Den. Lions’ Den care-takers will also provide a snack if a student does not have one.)
- Time for homework
- Recreation (outdoor, weather permitting)
- Arts, crafts, games, and other activities
DATES LIONS’ DEN is OFFERED
Notwithstanding unforeseen circumstances or school closings for weather or other events, Lions’ Den will operate on all school instructional days except August 9-11, 2023. December 20, 2023, and May 17, 2024.
Please refer to the DCS calendar for the exact dates school is in session. While DCS reserves the right to modify or cancel dates for Lions’ Den, we will make every effort to keep the schedule as published.
OPERATING HOURS, DROP-OFF, and PICK-UP
Morning Lions’ Den Tuesday Mornings Only - 7:45 AM - 8:45 AM
Afternoon Lions’ Den Monday – Friday 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- $25 per day per student FOR AFTERNOON OFFERINGS, sibling and annual plan discounts are available (Payment is charged in 5-days increments of $125. See the Lions' Den Handbook for discount information)
- $10 per day per student FOR TUESDAY MORNING OFFERINGS, sibling and annual plan discounts are available (Payment is charged in 5-days increments of $50. See the Lions' Den Handbook for discount information)
How to Register and Pay For Lions' Den
Parents must use PikMyKid to register their student(s) for each day they plan to use Lions' Den. Click here for the Lions' Den Manual with instructions. Parents will be invoiced monthly.
Lions' Den Contact Info
678-800-9723 (rings direct to Lions' Den staff during before and after-school hours) or email email@example.com
Mrs. Paula Costello, Lions’ Den Director
Mrs. Costello comes to DCS with extensive experience in the classroom and aftercare programs, having previously worked for several years in the aftercare program at Mount Vernon School with different age groups. She currently works at the Dunwoody Baptist Church preschool as the science teacher as well as leading after-school enrichment classes for the preschool. She also is a regular on Sunday mornings in the Dunwoody Baptist children’s ministry, serving in the classrooms and church nursery. Mrs. Costello is organized, creative, and a strong Christian who brings a spirit of service to our DCS families. She is from Canada and has been married to her husband, Kent, for 27 years. They have lived in Sandy Springs for 23 years and have four amazing children. We are excited that she and her incredible team are leading the DCS Lions’ Den program.